RE: [bluetooth-dev] Java API

I think Carlos meant this for the list...

Regards,
Brent
B. A. Miller RTP, NC
(919) 543-6959 TIE 441
FAX (919) 254-6430 TIE 444
Internet: bamiller@xxxxxxx.com
---------------------- Forwarded by Brent Miller/Raleigh/IBM on 03/08/2001
07:22 AM ---------------------------

Carlos Tomaz <carlos.tomaz@xxxxxxx.au> on 03/07/2001 08:08:03 PM

To:   Brent Miller/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
cc:
Subject:  RE: [bluetooth-dev] Java API

Hi Lee,

My two cents worth.

Zucotto has actually developed a firmware JVM. That means the Java byte
codes will execute at a speed comparable to native/compiled code. Thus the
Bluetooth stack is one of such applications.

You may want to have a look at a Java JNI between say the Axis stack and
your Java APP. You can easily replace the command line with a GUI. Take for
exaple the LAN Access Profile. Once a PPP connection is established, all
you
have to do is IP networking - that has nothing to do with Java.

Good luck with your project,
Carlos.