RE: [bluetooth-dev] Problems compiling

Gordon's question:

>> "Sawyer, John W." wrote:
>>
>> > I tried to compile the latest Axis BT Stack using Mandrake
>> > Linux 7.2, kernel 2.2.17, but got MANY error messages.
>> >
>> > I found that this problem was mentioned on this board in
>> > January, but I do not see a solution presented.
>> >
>> > Can anybody help me get a clean build?  Thanks in advance.
>> >
>> > John W. Sawyer
>> > jwsawyer@xxxxxxx.com
>> > -
>> > To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe
bluetooth-dev" in
>> > the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxx.com
>>
>> What are you errors?
>>
>> --gmcnutt

My errors were really too numerous to list (I could have provided a very
large error log, but it seemed to be related to the kernel include files.)

David Libault was kind enough to send me this suggestion:

> In the gcc options, you need to add -I/usr/include so that gcc uses the
right
> headers.
> You can also try to build it in user mode : it is easier. Don't ask me how
> do that : check the README + mailing list archives first...

Adding the -I/usr/include statement to the CFLAGS option in the src
directory
Makefile allowed me to do a clean make.  Thanks David and Gordon!

Note to Axis : Should this be added to the README release notes?

John W. Sawyer
jwsawyer@xxxxxxx.com