Re: [bluetooth-dev] commercial virtual serial device driver for windows

On Sat, Mar 10, 2001 at 11:42:58AM +0900, Chang Hyeoungkyu wrote:

> Sorry if it is not the right place for this kind of question.

Wow, that's off topic :)

> We're making Bluetooth USB device driver for MS Windows including the
> Bluetooth protocol stacks.

Is there a problem with the currently available MS USB Bluetooth drivers
that does not work for you?

> Unfortunately we do not know how to make virtual serial device driver and
> are seeking for commercial/shared/free sources of virtual serial device
> driver for MS Windows.
>
> Can anybody let me know the contact point please?

MS used to provide the source code for their Generic USB to Serial
converter driver (search for OPOS USB driver) on their web page, but
looks like they have pulled it.  Other than that, check the DDK for
examples of how to do this (I think it's somewhere in there.)

(Sorry for posting to the list, but thought it would get archived this
way...)

Good luck,

greg k-h

--