Re: [bluetooth-dev] patch: more big endian changes

Le Lundi 12 Mars 2001 15:46, Matthias Fuchs a écrit :

> > Hi Everybody,
>
> here are the rest of the big endian changes for openbt stack. The
> current cvs version really does not support big endian CPUs. The only BE
> support that is available was indented for one of the older releases
> before the cvs time.
>
> In the last days gordon put big endian support for the RFCOMM layer into
> the cvs and though that the lower layers were already corrected. They
> were not, but now they are :-)
>
> I took Gordons old patches and applied them by hand to the current cvs
> version. I also moved some conversion macros from  rfcomm.c to local.h,
> where I think they belong to.
>
> I tested the big endian stuff with real (but old) hardware between a
> Linux PC (kernel 2.4.0) and our embedded Linux custom board with an
> IBM405CR CPU (PowerPC). I could do inquiries, rfcomm connections and ppp
> over rfcomm with some pingin' over it ! No problems ... nearly no
> problems ... After some ftp over the link I got error from
> send_acl_packet saying 'negativ cur_len -135'. But I think this is
> caused by my faulty ROK101007 firmware, because after the message the
> HCI fsm gets out of sync ... (those 'discarding data ... waiting for
> ever' messages). Are there some other possible reasons ?

It could also be a race condition beetween the "receive" task and the "send"
task allocating/deallocating buffers when an ncp packet is received (it
happened to us in user mode, and we temporarily fixed it with a mutex). But
that shouldn't happen in kernel mode (btw, was your test in kernel mode ?). I
have not been able to see this problem yet on my (little endian) system...