Re: [bluetooth-dev] patch: more big endian changes

david LIBAULT wrote:

> > I tested the big endian stuff with real (but old) hardware between a
> > Linux PC (kernel 2.4.0) and our embedded Linux custom board with an
> > IBM405CR CPU (PowerPC). I could do inquiries, rfcomm connections and ppp
> > over rfcomm with some pingin' over it ! No problems ... nearly no
> > problems ... After some ftp over the link I got error from
> > send_acl_packet saying 'negativ cur_len -135'. But I think this is
> > caused by my faulty ROK101007 firmware, because after the message the
> > HCI fsm gets out of sync ... (those 'discarding data ... waiting for
> > ever' messages). Are there some other possible reasons ?
> >

> It could also be a race condition beetween the "receive" task and the "send"
> task allocating/deallocating buffers when an ncp packet is received (it
> happened to us in user mode, and we temporarily fixed it with a mutex). But
> that shouldn't happen in kernel mode (btw, was your test in kernel mode ?). I
> have not been able to see this problem yet on my (little endian) system...

Where exactly did you put the mutex ? Why is it temporarily ? I think it
should be fixed permanent !
Can post your modifications ?

Matthias
\ Matthias Fuchs                                 \
 \ esd electronic system design Gmbh              \
  \ Vahrenwalder Straße 205                        \
   \ D-30165 Hannover                               \
    \ email: matthias.fuchs@xxxxxxx.com      \
     \ phone: +49-511-37298-0                         \
      \ fax:   +49-511-37298-68                        \