Re: [bluetooth-dev] a few build issues

On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 03:29:31PM -0700, Gordon McNutt wrote:
> 2. Although we just recently added the -MD option to gcc for automatic
> dependency generation, the kernel builds dependencies with the 'dep'
> target. Does anyone know why the kernel uses 'dep' instead of -MD? Is it
> to speed up kernel builds? And do we want to conform to that practice
> instead of using -MD?

Since the bt module is outside of the kernel tree, we can do whatever we
want :)  The kernel build process does it's own "magic" during the 'dep'
process, which includes more things than just the dependency generation,
if I remember correctly.

Which brings up another point that I was wondering about, is the
intention of having the kernel module part of the kernel tree anyone's
goal?  I'd recommend it.

thanks,

greg k-h

--