RE: [bluetooth-dev] a few build issues

Why do you have to modify char/Makefile? I can see that you need to modify
the file that includes bluetooth/Config.in, but not the Makefile. Actually,
'make config', 'make oldconfig' and 'make xconfig' all handle the lack of
a Config.in file without problems. 'make menuconfig', however, does not :(

I think I prefer to have all the Bluetooth related configuration options
together in one file. You could always add an extra option in your kernel
tree to allow Bluetooth configuration at all.

> 2. Although we just recently added the -MD option to gcc for automatic
> dependency generation, the kernel builds dependencies with the 'dep'
> target. Does anyone know why the kernel uses 'dep' instead of -MD? Is it
> to speed up kernel builds? And do we want to conform to that practice
> instead of using -MD?

I see no reason for this. Though, I wish the .d files had been hidden :(

> Thanks,
> --gmcnutt

//Peter