Re: [bluetooth-dev] USB problems

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 06:15:33PM +0100, Lennart Andersson wrote:
> Bluetooth hardware: Ericsson module version P3D

Is this the latest version firmware from them?  Make sure it is, as there
have been a lot of USB fixes for it.

> When we run btd over /dev/ttyUB0 (USB) we do not get any response from the
> Bluetooth device, instead we get cmd_timeout. We have checked that
> Bluetooth-USB is alive by getting the response
>
> local host kernal: hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/2 assigned device
> number 4
> local host kernal: bluetooth.c: USB Bluetooth converter detected
> local host kernal: bluetooth.c: Bluetooth converter now attached to ttyUB0
>
> when the USB-cable is connected to the Bluetooth device.

Is there anything in the kernel debug log ('dmesg') when you try to talk
to the USB device?  There should be if the stack is communicating with
the device.  Have you created the ttyUB0 /dev nodes properly?

greg k-h

--
greg@xxxxxxx.com