Re: [bluetooth-dev] software for Bluetooth PCMCIA

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 09:20:58AM -0700, Gordon McNutt wrote:
> Does this mean you'll try to write PCMCIA support in? That's great! You can
> start by looking at bluetooth.c. That's where the module interfaces to the
> lower level driver. In the case of the UART bluetooth works by implementing a
> line discipline for the serial driver. I don't know what USB does, and I'm not
> sure how to interface to PCMCIA. And I don't have hardware. But other than
> that I'll help out however I can ;).

USB just looks like a serial port to the Axis Bluetooth stack.
This same thing can be done for the PCMCIA driver if you want to get up
and running with almost no changes to the Bluetooth stack.

I think the hard part will be getting specs for the card, but if it's a
IBM device, you might have a better chance.

Good luck,

greg k-h

--
greg@xxxxxxx.com