[bluetooth-dev] is bluetooth device address is configurable??

hi all,
  we are developing bluetooth stack and in that my job is developing user interface for the different layers and integrating them. i want to know:

1. is the bluetooth device address is configurable or fixed? where do we get them, and where are they stored?

2. how is the service serach and browsing is being performed, means, what should the input and output taken and shown at the user interface for SDP? how can we show the service names on GUI?

thanks
rakesh