[bluetooth-dev] serial protocol?

Hi,

when doing BT over the UART, is there any serial protocol being used?

as far as I figured out, the data directly goes to the serial device via

sent = sertty->driver.write(sertty, 0, data, len);

in the bt_write_lower_driver in bluetooth.c

so, if I had to implement a simple serial protocol, like a small header and
ACK/NAK mechanism, where would I preferably do this?

btw: I can't seem to find the definitio for the tty_struct, so where is the
implementation?

thanks

Patrick