Re: [bluetooth-dev] RE: The file 'linux/drivers/char/bluetooth/bluetooth.c' has been modified.

Peter Kjellerstedt wrote:

> [...]

Well, what are we going to do about systems that don't support the proc
filesystem? I admit my ignorance here, but is proc really intended for IPC?
Couldn't we accomplish the same thing with an sdp char driver? Or ioctl calls?
Or a daemon in user space?

Also, while looking through sdp.c, I discovered this:

 cli();
 if (database_query.count <= 0) {
  D_PROC(__FUNCTION__ " No bytes available, going to sleep\n");
  interruptible_sleep_on(&database_wq);
 }
 sti();

Again, I admit my ignorance, but isn't interruptible_sleep_on a blocking call?
If so then it doesn't seem safe to bracket it in cli/sti.

--gmcnutt