Re: [bluetooth-dev] National Semiconductors USB Bluetooth Dongle

On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 11:30:27AM +0100, Buttler, Markus wrote:
> I currently try using this USB Bluetooth Dongle under
> SuSE Linux 7.1 (2.4.0). Unfortunately it doesn't seems to
> be recognised by the USB driver.
>
> USB.C Error -84 (unable to get configuration for device).
>
> I'm a newby in linux usb usage and programming.
> Hope somebody can help me.

I'd recommend getting USB working for some other kind of device on Linux
first before trying to mess with a USB bluetooth device (they are
finicky).  See the Linux USB Guide at http://www.linux-usb.org/ for info
on getting USB working on your box.

Then, if the bluetooth device still isn't recognized, make sure the
bluetooth driver is loaded before you plug in the device.  And send any
kernel debug log messages that happen on insertion to me / this list/ or
the linux-usb lists and we can work from there.

Hope this helps,

greg k-h

--
greg@xxxxxxx.com