AW: [bluetooth-dev] National Semiconductors USB Bluetooth Dongle

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Greg KH [mailto:greg@xxxxxxx.com]
Gesendet am: Mittwoch, 21. März 2001 19:27
An: Buttler, Markus
Cc: bluetooth-dev@xxxxxxx.com
Betreff: Re: [bluetooth-dev] National Semiconductors USB Bluetooth
Dongle

>On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 11:30:27AM +0100, Buttler, Markus wrote:
>> I currently try using this USB Bluetooth Dongle under
>> SuSE Linux 7.1 (2.4.0). Unfortunately it doesn't seems to
>> be recognised by the USB driver.
>>
>> USB.C Error -84 (unable to get configuration for device).
>>
>> I'm a newby in linux usb usage and programming.
>> Hope somebody can help me.

>I'd recommend getting USB working for some other kind of device on Linux
>first before trying to mess with a USB bluetooth device (they are
>finicky).  See the Linux USB Guide at http://www.linux-usb.org/ for info
>on getting USB working on your box.

>Then, if the bluetooth device still isn't recognized, make sure the
>bluetooth driver is loaded before you plug in the device.  And send any
>kernel debug log messages that happen on insertion to me / this list/ or
>the linux-usb lists and we can work from there.

Here's the kernel log:

usb-uhci.c: USB UHCI at I/O 0x1400, IRQ 9
usb-uhci.c: Detected 2 ports
usb.c: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
hub.c: USB hub found
hub.c: 2 ports detected
usb.c: registered new driver hid
mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
bluetooth.c: USB Bluetooth support registered
usb.c: registered new driver bluetooth
// Here i plugged in the usb dongle //
hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/2, assigned device number 2
usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 2, frame# 1031
usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 2, frame# 1033
usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 2, frame# 1035
usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 2, frame# 1037
usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 2, frame# 1039
usb.c: couldn't get all of config descriptors
usb.c: unable to get device 2 configuration (error=-84)
hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/2, assigned device number 3
usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 2, frame# 1311
usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 2, frame# 1313
usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 2, frame# 1315
usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 2, frame# 1317
usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 2, frame# 1319
usb.c: couldn't get all of config descriptors
usb.c: unable to get device 3 configuration (error=-84)

I plugged in the device only once but i get the message twice.
dunno why this happens.
After that the device is freed looking in the code of usb.c

This Mail has been checked for Viruses

***

Diese Mail wurde auf Viren ueberprueft
Hinweis: Verschluesselte Mails koennen NICHT geprueft werden!