Re: [bluetooth-dev] National Semiconductors USB Bluetooth Dongle

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 08:53:39AM +0100, Buttler, Markus wrote:
> // Here i plugged in the usb dongle //
> hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/2, assigned device number 2
> usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 2, frame# 1031
> usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 2, frame# 1033
> usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 2, frame# 1035
> usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 2, frame# 1037
> usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 2, frame# 1039
> usb.c: couldn't get all of config descriptors
> usb.c: unable to get device 2 configuration (error=-84)
> hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/2, assigned device number 3
> usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 2, frame# 1311
> usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 2, frame# 1313
> usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 2, frame# 1315
> usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 2, frame# 1317
> usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 2, frame# 1319
> usb.c: couldn't get all of config descriptors
> usb.c: unable to get device 3 configuration (error=-84)
>
> I plugged in the device only once but i get the message twice.
> dunno why this happens.
> After that the device is freed looking in the code of usb.c

Does any other USB devices work on this Linux machine?
If not, could you try to find one around (keyboard, mouse) to verify
that USB works properly?
If so, does your bluetooth device have the latest firmware?  There have
been lots of firmware updates for USB bluetooth devices recently.

What the above log shows is that your device isn't working properly as a
USB device, it doesn't respond properly to the standard USB
initialization sequence.  Does this device work on a Windows machine?

Hope this helps,

greg k-h

--
greg@xxxxxxx.com