Re: [bluetooth-dev] Problems building with Redhat 7.0

On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 01:34:50PM +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Mar 2001, Psilogic wrote:
>
> > I'm new to bluetooth and this stack S/W. Trying to build the stack under
> > Redhat Linux 7.0 (i believe this is 2.2.16 kernel) and get error
> > referencing include files as follows:-
> >
> > make -C src
> > make[1]: Entering directory `/home/alan/btstack/Software/bluetooth/src'
> > cc -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -I../include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame -pointer -fno-strength-reduce -DMODVERSIONS -include /usr/include/linux/modversions.h   -c -o bluetooth.o bluetooth.c
> > In file included from bluetooth.c:0:
> > /usr/include/linux/modversions.h:1:2: #error Modules should never use kernel-headers system headers,
> > /usr/include/linux/modversions.h:2:2: #error but headers from an appropriate kernel-source
> > make[1]: *** [bluetooth.o] Error 1
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/alan/btstack/Software/bluetooth/src'
> > make: *** [all] Error 2
> >
> > Can anyone suggest what my problem may be?
>
> You're pointing your build environment to the wrong headers.  Try putting
> -I/usr/src/linux/include in the Makefile next to -I../include, or
> alternately unpack the source code into /usr/src/linux.

Or the easier (and recommend) way is to run:
	make INCLUDEDIR=/usr/src/linux/include
(or point to wherever you have your kernel source tree) to build the stack.

Don't do development in /usr/src/linux, do it in a user directory.

greg k-h

--
greg@xxxxxxx.com