Re: [bluetooth-dev] Problems building with Redhat 7.0

On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 03:45:22PM +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:

> > Or the easier (and recommend) way is to run:
> > 	make INCLUDEDIR=/usr/src/linux/include
> > (or point to wherever you have your kernel source tree) to build the stack.
>
> There is that, too.  That should probably be somewhere prominent in the docs
> (it might be now, it wasn't as of a few weeks ago when I last checked).

Hm, need to go check that.  I think it's there...

> > Don't do development in /usr/src/linux, do it in a user directory.
>
> I suggested that because the source layout suggested that it was intended to
> go in the kernel source tree.

That's fine, but you shouldn't be doing any kernel development in
/usr/src/linux anyway.  All my kernels are in /home/greg/linux/linux-2.*
This way you don't have to be root to do your development, and there are
all sorts of other reasons you don't want to be mucking around with the
/usr/src/linux tree.

Hope this helps,

greg k-h

--