[bluetooth-dev] function calls in kernel- and usermode

Hi,

as far as I checked the btd.c function call in kernel  mode always are
something like

ioctl(...., HCIFUNCTIONNAME, ....)

while in usermode the functions in the hci.c are called

which always lead to the send_cmd_block

on the other hand, on the send cmd_block there is distinguished between
__kernel__ and the rest

so, if the kernel stuff goes to the ioctl anyway, why having kernel stuff
in the
hci.c .

Or didn't I get that right?

I want to write an application that needs an l2cap connection and the hci
commands like link inquiry, read_db_addr and so on.

I would like to run it in kernel mode, since I have some problems using
the
btduser.

can I use the normal hci.c function calls to do this?

I would really appreciate, If someone could bring some light into my
darkness
:-))

Bye

Patrick