[bluetooth-dev] newbie > Help

I have just started with the BT technology, after reading a lot of documents
etc, and getting thoroughly confused, I downloaded the axis stack, how do I
actually test it with BT hardware, the Readme dosnt really help when it come
to hardware. It does state any "HCI UART Transport Layer", hardware, can I
find a list somewhere on the web, is that the only thing I need or do I need
some more Linux drivers to run that hardware ???

Any help or pointers are appreciated if you can provide them without wasting
too much of your time

Thanks
Devesh