[bluetooth-dev] matthias.fuchs@xxxxxxx.com

Hi

I have the same experience that you have.

When PPP dies, there is a part in the code where the IPA releases the IP
adress. If this IPA command takes some time before getting back to
discover_connection it is possible to disconnect the rf_channel.

In my little test application I have simply removed IPA and added a sleep
command so the client can disconnect the rf_channel before getting back to
discover_connection.
By the way I think i should be possible to add a disconnect command after it
returns the IP, instead of letting the client disconnect.

When you are usning BTDm. Do you know a solution of Master/slave switch?
When running btdm on server and btd on the client and trying to make a
master/slave switch I get "role switch not allowed"

/Lars Olsson
lasseo@xxxxxxx.com

I build my own bluetooth application based on btdm (experimental stuff).
I set up an rfcomm connection an pppd is started without problems. When
the client disconnects, pppd gets a hangup signal and terminated. Then
the function discover_connections checks for new connections. Here is my
problem: It attemps to start the pppd again on the line that just
disconnected. bt_isconnected is still true !

Is this normal behavior ? How do I have to disconnect to get the line
back to idle state ?

Matthias