RE: [bluetooth-dev] direct l2cap access in kernel mode

The easiest would probably be for you to only open the baseband and
use that to transfer data.

try 'bb_conn <BD>' in usermode stack

to send data create a bt_tx_buf in a similar manner as l2cap functions does
(e.g l2cap_connect_req) and use hci_send_data(bt_tx_buf *buf) to send the buffer.

I guess you have to add an option in the usermode stack to be able to control it
from there.

>   I have been able to use the functions:  (from the btd.c
> sample application)
>      l2cap_create_con(tmp_bd);
>      lp_connect_req(tmp_bd);
>   These functions only establish a Baseband connection. How
> do I continue
> if I want the remote end to send a few bytes of data to this master
> (client) that just established the connection?
>   Are there any suggestions of what functions or sequence of
> events (based
> on the axis OpenBT stack) I could/should use? I know there are other
> functions such as l2cap_recieve_data..etc.. but which is the
> correct one to
> use on the master and slave?
>
>    Thanks,
>    Dennis
>
> >For my application, I need to access the l2cap layer
> directly; I have no
> >need for features added by RFCOMM or higher layers.  I also
> need to allow
> >multiple devices to access the bluetooth interface
> simultaneously, so I
> >will need to use the stack in kernel mode.  As it sits in
> cvs (as of a few
> >days ago when I last updated), the OpenBT stack does not
> allow direct
> >access to L2CAP when running in kernel mode.  Do you intend
> to add support
> >for this eventually?   When the stack was designed, what

This might be added eventually yes.

brgds
Mattias