Re: [bluetooth-dev] Open BT stack on ARM7TDMI

Jenny Nyberg wrote:

> Hi,
> I am beginner with the axis bluetooth stack and would like
> to know whether there is a guideline for porting the stack
> to an ARM7TDMI environment. Is there any script/makefile
> which I could directly use
>
> I would appreciate all kinds of tips
> Best regards
> Jenny
>
> -

I think you can use the existing Makefiles -- certainly for the kernel module
itself. Pass the INCLUDEDIR= option to point to the target kernel. And you
might need to use environment variables or arguments like CC= to point to your
cross-compiler and cross-linker.

If you want to build the stack into the kernel, and you're already setup to
cross-compile the kernel, then you can do this:
1. Copy (or link) your target kernel's linux/drivers/char/bluetooth to the
equivalent directory in the openbt directory tree.
2. Do the same for linux/include/linux/bluetooth.
3. Add the following to drivers/char/Config.in:

        source 'drivers/char/bluetooth/Config.in'

4. You'll also need to edit drivers/char/Makefile, but the way you do it
depends on your kernel version. I don't have an example offhand,
unfortunately, so this is left as an exercise for the reader. I seem to recall
that on some older versions of Linux you might have to add something to the
top-level Makefile, too. But don't worry about that until it doesn't work ;).
5. When you next do a make xconfig on the kernel, the bluetooth config options
should appear under the char drivers section.
6. Build your kernel normally, and grep bt_ System.map to make sure the
bluetooth driver was really built and linked in.

HTH
--gmcnutt