[bluetooth-dev] btd test if comm works

I have just set up two machines  and try  to get a response from either

On one side I run btduser -r server

on the other one I do a btduser -r client

since I only get the menu for the client, I suppose the client has to start
the connection, right?
So, will the client be the master?

What would be the easiest way to test if there is some kind of

a bb_conn?

Doing this, I get some L2Cap Errors. Why is that? isn't a baseband link a
lower layer thing and shouldnt bother with l2cap?

Do I always use the BD-addr like I get from readbd and inq? Or ist there a
endian thing I have to care about with some functions?

many questions I hope someoen can answer