Re: [bluetooth-dev] Stack design and some anoucements

Hi Gordon,

>Ok. Wow. Looks pretty clean.
Thanks. Actually I forgot to mention a lot of other minor stuff that stack provides :)).

HCI Library for the applications. Provides stuff like:
         batostr/strtoba/baswap/bacmp    -       BD address conversion and comparison (to from string, swaping, etc)

         htobs, htobl, btohs, btohl      -       Unified endianness independent data conversion macros.
                                                 Bluetooth to Host and Host to Bluetooth (like htons, etc)

I also have hacked Python socket module that supports BD address and PSM stuff.
Writing Python Bluetooth socket app is as easy as 123 :) We've been using Python apps and L2CAP sockets
for quite a while.

>Didn't see the RFCOMM source.
Will try to release it today.

>Did you implement it (RFCOMM) in user space with a pty?
Yes. And it has nice config file based on VTun :).
Here is an example:

# RFCOMMd config file
# Network Access Session
na {
   channel 8;
   up {
         ppp "10.0.0.1:10.0.0.2";
   };
}

Initially it was a dirty hack :) of the RFCOMM engine that you guys developed  but it worked really nice.

VTun port is also interesting. Good platform for IP over L2CAP and Ethernet over L2CAP (not based on PAN profile) experiments
and PAN profile implementation.

Thanks
Max

Maksim Krasnyanskiy