Re: [bluetooth-dev] Stack design and some anoucements

Maksim,

thanks for your answer.

> What kind of scatternet support are you looking
> for ?
Hmm..probably I was not specific enough in my question... Sorry for that.
The background of my question was to check the possibility of implementing
some sort of routing through scatternets on top of/by usage of your stack
for whatever kind of application runs on top. If you think one has all means
by hand by using HCI in it's best (as from you :)) --- I would believe you.
I just wanna make clear, that I'm not missing anything here.

> Routing in ad-hoc networking is done on higher layer (e.g. IP). So,
Bluetooth stack has >little to do with it.

Again, hmmm... all the world speaks about "routing is performed by IP". I
personally don't think so. I tend to treat a BT channel as nothing special
than an ordinary phone or ISDN line, just wireless, which has to be
established and managed, probably over multiple, changing hops. Therefor I
would implement routing as an Q.931 comparible protocol stack on top of the
BT layer2.  Could that work?

Regards
Roland