[bluetooth-dev] need help on bluetooth

Dear Sir/Madam,
I'm a software Engineer and we are been given an R&D project on bluetooth(team of 2).We have to send messages from a PC to a mobile.for ex: If we type Hello! on the keyboard, it should be displayed on the mobile screen "Hello!". I have no knowledge of bluetooth and the web tutorials aren't helping.Can you guide us how to start the project.
I also need to know , can this be done totally by software or some hardware in must.

thanking you in anticipation.
Waiting eagerly for your reply.
regards
Geetika