[bluetooth-dev] Re: stack in embedded

Hi Usha,

>First of all I would like to congragulate the Axis team and you for the
>excellent effort put forth by you people in developing such stacks. Better
>still you people were magnanimous enough to share it with the open source
>community.
Thanks.

>However I have one doubt regarding the suitability of the usage of your stack
>design in an embedded system where we may be using a kernel only.
>How do you explain that.
First of all socket interface is perfectly suitable for use inside the kernel. So you can write
kernel daemon for some Bleutooth server using L2CAP sockets.

And second I seriously doubt that you'll be using "kernel only" setup.
Unless of course you port configuration utilities and other stuff to the kernel
space which is unlikely.
And how would you access that kinda of system ? Do you have some sort of
kernel space console that allows you to monitor and configure that embedded box ?

Max

Maksim Krasnyanskiy
Senior Kernel Engineer
Qualcomm Incorporated