[bluetooth-dev] btduser/btd with no hardware

Hello,

I am now able to use the stack with btduser and no hardware (with
null-modem cable). I initiate connection (rf_conn 11:22:33:44:55:66 0 0, 1 0, 2 0), and then I run ppp on
both side. With that, I can surf the web with a browser through null-modem
cable and then through LAN net.

Now I wanted to do the same with btd. So I inserted the module (no errors),
and I started btd (with same options as btduser). When I write "rf_conn
11:22:33:44:55:66 0 0", the response is : "Connect failed [Unknown layer -
unknown reason ((-1))]".

The README file says that the null-modem connection works with btd and
btduser, and it doesn't indicate any special operation for btd.

So where is the problem ? Does someone know where this difference come from ?

Thank you for any help.

Alain Paschoud

SMARTDATA SA
http://www.smartdata.ch