From: Tun Yang [mailto:tyang@xxxxxxx.ca]
Sent: Monday, May 28, 2001 9:16 PM
To: bluetooth-dev@xxxxxxx.com
Subject: [bluetooth-dev] How to use USB??

Hello all,
I've got 2 Ericsson ROK101 008 P3G from Comtec Sigma with both the USB
and UART interface. I've gotten the UART to work through openbt-20010507
(and hadn't tried with openbt-20010329) but I cannot get USB to work under
either of openbt-20010507 nor openbt-20010329.

To try and get USB to work, I've also tried to get the current sources on
CVS from sourceforge, but they didn't compile very nicely.

I use uhci, kernel 2.4.4, and the bluetooth usb driver that comes with
that kernel. I define CONFIG_BLUETOOTH_ERICSSON. I get this "cmd_pkt from
interrupt" error rather than correct initialization messages. I've gone
through the mailing list archive, and to make a long story short, I'm
still at square one. All I could find were that people have gotten USB to
work, rather than how to make it work...
???

Can someone please lead me on the right track?

The following is a log of what I get with openbt-20010329:
[root@wuxi openbt-20010329]# btd -u /dev/ttyUB0 -r client -m >loglog 2>&1
Bluetooth Control Application
-----------------------------
Running as client
Physdev /dev/ttyUB0, btdev /dev/ttyBT0, speed 115200 baud
Registered bluetooth line discipline on /dev/ttyUB0
Init stack
BT (ldisc) bt_tty_open
BT SYS: Setting BT driver to use serial tty
BT (driver) bt_open on line 7
BT SYS: Registering tty on line 7
BT SYS: Now 1 open fd:s for ttyBTC
BT (driver) bt_ioctl: forwarding ioctl 0x540b to serial driver
BT (driver) bt_flush_buffer
BT SYS: Initialising Bluetooth Stack
BT SYS: hci_init, Initialising HCI
BT SYS: HCI emulator off
BT SYS: hci_init, Initialising HCI inbuffers [800]
BT SYS: hci_init, Reading buffer sizes in the module...
cmd_pkt from interrupt!
cmd_timeout, Timeout when waiting for command response
cmd_pkt from interrupt!
cmd_timeout, Timeout when waiting for command response
BT SYS: hci_init, Host flow control not enabled
BT SYS: Initialising L2CAP
cmd_pkt from interrupt!
cmd_timeout, Timeout when waiting for command response
BT SYS: ERROR :Failed to get local BD addr
BT SYS: Initialising RFCOMM
BT SYS: Initialising SDP
BT SYS: sdp_init, Init sdp as server
BT SYS: Initialising TCS
BT SYS: Initialising BTMEM [2500 bytes]
BT SYS: Shutting down bluetooth stack
BT SYS: Shutting down RFCOMM
BT SYS: Shutting down SDP
BT SYS: Shutting down TCS
BT SYS: Shutting down L2CAP
BT SYS: Shutting down BTMEM
BT (driver) bt_close on line 7
BT SYS: Unregistering tty on line 7
BT (ldisc) bt_tty_ioctl cmd 0x540b
BT (ldisc) bt_tty_ioctl: forwarding ioctl 0x540b to n_tty line disc

--
Tun Yang
Fourth Year Computer Systems Engineering Student