[bluetooth-dev] Adding openbt to kernel tree

Hello,

I know that a lot of questions have already been asked about this problem
on this list, but I didn't find an explanation that can help me. Here the
problem :

I added openbt tree to kernel tree. Then, I modify the Make file so that it
compiles bt.o and so that it adds it to O_OBJS () in the file /drivers/char/Makefile like that :

ifdef CONFIG_BLUETOOTH
  O_OBJS += bluetooth/bt.o
endif

Then, I tried to call the initialisation function. So I added the next
lines in the file /drivers/char/tty_io.c.

#ifdef CONFIG_BLUETOOTH
        bt_init();
#endif

The problem at the compilation was that bt_init() was not recognized. So I removed the
"static" directive that were for this function in bluetooth.c.

Now, it compiles correcly, and I have all bt_xxxx functions in System.map

BUT : when I restart with the new kernel, I can't use btd (it says me that
I have to insert the module). So for one reason that I don't know, the
driver has not been linked.
If I look in /var/log/messages for startup messages, I find that message :

modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-124

Which mean that the kernel hasn't found the driver...

What am I doing wrong ? Why has the module bt.o not been linked to the
kernel ?

Thank you for any help.

Alain Paschoud

SMARTDATA SA