Re: [bluetooth-dev] Adding openbt to kernel tree

Hello Alain,

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Alain Paschoud wrote:

> Now, it compiles correcly, and I have all bt_xxxx functions in System.map
>
> BUT : when I restart with the new kernel, I can't use btd (it says me that
> I have to insert the module).

Can I suggest checking whether the device nodes /dev/ttyBT* are present?
They are created with the make devs command by the OpenBT's Makefile:
	mknod /dev/ttyBT0 c 124 0
	mknod /dev/ttyBT6 c 124 6
	mknod /dev/ttyBTC c 124 7

> modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-124

Perhaps, the kernel was unable to find a registered driver for the
character device with major number 124.  Can this happen if the device
node is not present?

I guess the following line is important only when the driver is compiled
as a module:

	alias char-major-124 bt

Thanks,

Ilguiz