[bluetooth-dev] openbt 0.0.4 (kernelmode): Connect failed [Unknown layer - unknown reason ((-1))]

Wrt. Adreas Petralia's posting on the same subject:

I'm getting the same symptoms. My system is basically Redhat 7.1
upgraded to kernel version 2.2.19.

I've downloaded the latest CVS and built the bt.o module in standalone
mode. The bt.o module is also being built without bcsp support. The
Ericsson board I'm using as a host controller identifies itself as

	Generated: 2000-04-28 15:54
	Comment: CXC 125 244 P9A

When I try to connect to a remote device that is configured as a slave,
btd fails with the message given as the subject of this memo. Here is an
extract from /var/log/messages:

Jun 20 20:25:20 axis kernel: BT (driver) bt_ioctl: BTCONNECT
Jun 20 20:25:20 axis kernel: BT (driver) bt_connect : Connecting srv ch
0 on line 0
Jun 20 20:25:20 axis kernel:
Jun 20 20:25:20 axis kernel: bd (6):
Jun 20 20:25:20 axis kernel: 0x61 0x06 0xff 0x5b 0x02 0x00
Jun 20 20:25:20 axis kernel: l2ca_connect_req: wait baseband, sleep on
wq 0xc7a44ce4
Jun 20 20:25:22 axis kernel: lp_connect_cfm (pos), wake up wq 0xc7a44ce4
Jun 20 20:25:22 axis kernel: lp_connect_cfm, wake up flag not set
Jun 20 20:25:22 axis kernel: BT SYS: process_event: ACL link is up
Jun 20 20:25:22 axis kernel: l2ca_connect_req: wait baseband, woke up !
Jun 20 20:25:22 axis kernel: l2ca_connect_req: wait rsp, sleep on wq
0xc7a44ce4
Jun 20 20:25:22 axis kernel: BT SYS: ERROR :process_return_param:
WRITE_LINK_POLICY_SETTINGS: Unknown HCI Command

If at this point I do not immediatelly end btd, remove the bt.o module,
and disconnect the Ericsson board, my system locks up to the degree that
it no longer responds to mouse movements or any key presses, and needs
to be rebooted using the hardware reset button.

As can be seen from the /var/log/messages extract, even though the
command that was issued is BTCONNECT, the completion event identifies it
as WRITE_LINK_POLICY_SETTINGS. Assuming that the Ericsson board
truthfully responds with what it has actually received, it looks like
what gets sent over to it during the connect sequence is somehow
corrupted.

I'm currently trying to look deeper into the matter and would appreciate
any insights others may have.