RE: [bluetooth-dev] SDP problem...

>Basically, the same thing happens below with the help of
>wq_write_lock_irqsave() and wq_write_unlock_irqrestore(),
>which also stores and restores the irq state.
Actually in 2.4 schedule() itself enables interrupts. Just looked at the code.
I was wrong, schedule does enable interrupts.

>BUT: I am not sure what happens if the code at the start
>of this mail is run on an SMP machine. It is possible that
>only the processor that executes the interruptible_sleep_on()
>function gets interrupts enabled.
cli/sti disables/enables interrupts only on local processor.
Most likely your locking won't work on SMP.  However it depends on other stuff.
For example BH is guarantied to be run only on one CPU at time.

Max

Maksim Krasnyanskiy
Senior Kernel Engineer
Qualcomm Incorporated