Re: [bluetooth-dev] can bluetooth work unidirection, like master multicast, client re cieve

Le Mercredi 04 Juillet 2001 16:31, Ext-Devesh.Kothari@xxxxxxx.com a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> This might be something just my ignorance, but I was wondering
> if it is possible to have multicast functionality between two
> bluetooth devices. To explain it better, I am thinking of following
> scenario
>
> 1. we have two devices , both bluetooth enabled
> 2. Once device (Master) is capable of doing powerful recieve/transmit (let
> say 100m, if that is possible under the spec), and is not battery
> operated,lets assume have no
> problem with the power consumption etc.
> 3. the client BT device is portable, very battery/power concious and can
> send and recieve only lets say 6m distance.
> 4. As much as my knowledge, they still can not engage in any meaningful
> communication as for connection to establish, the two devices should be
> able to talk to each other by frequency sync etc ...
> 5. The problem here is client is complete capable or in coverage area of
> Master, but not the other wise.
> 6. Is it still possible to do multicast broadcast from Master to client,
> which can just quietly recieve.
> 7. does the spec say anything about such thing ??

No, I don't see this in the specs.

But you can have the exact same power consumption if you use the park mode...
Having the "mobile" with a range of 6m will not lower its power consumption
as the radio will (almost) always be off. It will increase the price, that's
all.