From: owner-bluetooth-dev@xxxxxxx.com]On">mailto:owner-bluetooth-dev@xxxxxxx.com]On Behalf Of Marcus Jonsson
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2001 8:38 PM
To: bluetooth-dev
Subject: RE: [bluetooth-dev] Making stack for Axis etrax lx board. newbie

I accidently sent this mail to the etrax list, sorry!

On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, Park Duck Gun wrote:

> Thanks for kind message.
> As I do make changes , I encountered two problem.
>
> 1) Can you explain it more ?
>
> "Copy the whole linux directory with subdirectories from the openbt directory on to the kernel source tree. Make sure that you copy the directory correctly so that the trees matches. E g the include directory of the stack is copied into the include directory in the kernel source tree."
>
>  As I make copies , I copyed the bluetooth directory to the kernel
> directory. To match the include in the bluetooth directory and include
> directory directory in kernel directory. But I was not sure about the
> apps & src directory in the bluetooth directory. So I just made apps &
> src directory in the root of kernel directory and copyed files.

What OpenBT version are you using? I'm using OpenBT 0.0.5 and it works.
The newer releases have a different directory structure than the older
ones and seems to be more prepared for compilation into the kernel. I
haven't tried it on any other release than 0.0.5, so I suggest that you
download the 0.0.5 instead. The apps directory shouldn't be compiled into
the kernel. It contains applications that you can compile and run to test
communication between modules, when you have a working stack.

> 2) drivers/char/bluetooth/Config.in file is required. How can I make the
> Config.in file

The Config.in file is just information for the kernel configuration. When
you add the "source drivers/char/bluetooth/Config.in" line in the
Config.in file in the drivers/char directory, you should see a Bluetooth
menu in the Character Device menu when you run "make xconfig" or "make
menuconfig" to configure the kernel.

/Marcus