[bluetooth-dev] Link loss handling and monitoring connection

Hi!

How do you out there handle with link loss conditions??

Following problem:

As long as no app is connected to a tty and we have a line
connected we are in LOWERCONNECTED state.

I run an external process to periodically call ioctl BTISLOWERCONNECTED to
inform my GUI about any disconnect from the other peer.
It works fine till i open the tty for data transfer or let's sys pppd.
Because we are then in UPPERCONNECTED or ACTIVE state the
function BTISLOWERCONNECTED returns false.

So is there any possibility to check if the peer has disconnected while i
have my ttyBT opened or do i have to add a new ioctl?

How do you handle link loss conditions? (e.g out of range...)

Greetings,

Heiko