Re: [bluetooth-dev] Link loss handling and monitoring connection

Hello Heiko,

I am not sure, but I think the application that opened the tty gets a
signal SIG_HUP if the line is disconnected.
But of course a better way to get a line status would be nice !

Matthias

Heiko Hutschenreiter wrote:

> Hi!
>
> How do you out there handle with link loss conditions??
>
> Following problem:
>
> As long as no app is connected to a tty and we have a line
> connected we are in LOWERCONNECTED state.
>
> I run an external process to periodically call ioctl BTISLOWERCONNECTED to
> inform my GUI about any disconnect from the other peer.
> It works fine till i open the tty for data transfer or let's sys pppd.
> Because we are then in UPPERCONNECTED or ACTIVE state the
> function BTISLOWERCONNECTED returns false.
>
> So is there any possibility to check if the peer has disconnected while i
> have my ttyBT opened or do i have to add a new ioctl?
>
> How do you handle link loss conditions? (e.g out of range...)
>
> Greetings,
>
> Heiko
>
> -

                             _/_/_/_/   Matthias Fuchs
                            _/_/_/_/   Dipl.-Ing.
                           _/_/_/_/   matthias.fuchs@xxxxxxx.com

       _/_/_/   _/_/_/_/_/_/_/      esd electronic system design gmbh
     _/   _/  _/             _/    Vahrenwalder Str. 205
    _/   _/    _/_/_/   _/   _/   D-30165 Hannover
    _/             _/  _/   _/   Phone: +49-511-37298-0
     _/_/_/_/_/_/_/   _/_/_/    Fax:   +49-511-37298-68