[bluetooth-dev] readbd and HCI inquiry scan error

Hi,
I'm trying to get two PCs to communicate using the Axis BT stack. PC 1 is using kernel 2.4.6 and stack 0.0.5. PC 2 is using kernel 2.2.19 and stack 20010507. Both PCs are using the Ericsson Toolkit.

When I do a readbd on PC 1 I get the following message:

> readbd
BT (driver) bt_ioctl: HCIREADLOCALBDADDR
cmd_timeout: Timeout when waiting for command response
Current bd addr : 00:D0:B7:03:29:8D

And when I do an inquiry on PC 1:

> inq 5 10
BT (driver) bt_ioctl: HCINQUIRY

hci_inquiry (9):
0x01 0x01 0x04 0x05 0x33 0x8b 0x9e 0x0a 0x05
inq_timeout: Timeout when waiting for inquiry response
Inquiry: Timer expired

However, at the same time, PC 2 is able to detect PC1 when carrying out an inquiry scan (inq 5 10).

Another problem with PC 2 is that it's very erratic. Sometimes it works and sometimes it times out as well. But PC 1 *always* times out.

Any idea as to why I might be getting these timeout messages?

I tried using kernel 2.2.19 and stack 20010507 ont both PCs but an inquiry scan works something like only once in ten attempts!!

Will appreciate any comments...

Thanks!
Supriyo