RE: [bluetooth-dev] can't compile

Hi,
the main problem is that we (Axis Communications) do not
have the resources to test the stack thoroughly on all
possible configurations and on all platforms. We currently
use the stack in our Bluetooth Access Points running embedded
Linux (2.0.36). We have not experienced the stability issues
that you mentioned in this kernel version/configuration.

Also, I know that there are a lot of people that are running
the stack on old hardware e.g. Ericsson P9A etc which we know
has major problems regarding trashing the data over air.  There
are also problems with the serial ports of certain laptops.
Have a look at :
http://developer.axis.com/download/bluetooth/uart_problems/

There should not be any major differences running the stack
on 2.4, though Axis has not tested this thoroughly. It is quite
possible that there are issues to take care of when running the
stack on Linux 2.4.  However, I suspect some problems are related
to trashed data in the UART.

The whole idea with OpenBT is that people should contribute with
the stuff that they need to fix and hopefully help others as well.
The one who finds the snake kills it ;)

Here are some issues that needs to be taken care of :

1. It would be great if someone could put together a list of all
   major things that needs to be fixed.

2. Proper documentation on several parts of the stack

3. Updating the FAQ on SF with all the issues that has been seen
   on this mailing list
   ( http://sourceforge.net/docman/new.php?group_id=19666 )

4. A good tutorial on how to install the stack.

5. A list of tested hardware configurations.

There are probably lots of other stuff to fix, feel free to come
with suggestions on how to make this a better and more "open
-sourced" project.

brgds
Mattias Ågren,
Axis Communications AB