      To: <bluetooth-dev@xxxxxxx.com>
      Subject: [bluetooth-dev] readbd and HCI inquiry scan error
      From: "Supriyo Chatterjea" <supriyo_chatterjea@xxxxxxx.sg>
      Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 17:53:38 +0800
      Sender: owner-bluetooth-dev@xxxxxxx.com

 Hi,
 I'm trying to get two PCs to communicate using the Axis BT stack. PC 1
is using kernel 2.4.6 and stack 0.0.5. PC 2 is using kernel 2.2.19 and
stack 20010507.
 Both PCs are using the Ericsson Toolkit.

 When I do a readbd on PC 1 I get the following message:

 > readbd
 BT (driver) bt_ioctl: HCIREADLOCALBDADDR
 cmd_timeout: Timeout when waiting for command response
 Current bd addr : 00:D0:B7:03:29:8D

 And when I do an inquiry on PC 1:

 > inq 5 10
 BT (driver) bt_ioctl: HCINQUIRY

 hci_inquiry (9):
 0x01 0x01 0x04 0x05 0x33 0x8b 0x9e 0x0a 0x05
 inq_timeout: Timeout when waiting for inquiry response
 Inquiry: Timer expired

 However, at the same time, PC 2 is able to detect PC1 when carrying out
an inquiry scan (inq 5 10).

 Another problem with PC 2 is that it's very erratic. Sometimes it works
and sometimes it times out as well. But PC 1 *always* times out.

 Any idea as to why I might be getting these timeout messages?

 I tried using kernel 2.2.19 and stack 20010507 ont both PCs but an
inquiry scan works something like only once in ten attempts!!

 Will appreciate any comments...

 Thanks!
 Supriyo