RE: [bluetooth-dev] pppd on etrax dev-board

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Peter Kjellerstedt wrote:
> As far as I know, that is just a warning and it can be ignored.

Yes - for security, pppd tries to change the permissions on the device so
that noone else can open it and snoop traffic.

This obviously fails if /dev is on a read-only filesystem, but does not
really matter in an embedded machine and pppd does not care.

/Bjorn