RE: [bluetooth-dev] Bluetooth versions

Hi,

Sorry - I had the openBT details backwards in my last
email.  Here are my tests using the user openBT stack
(btduser) and 2 Bluetooth PCMCIA cards:

1) recent openBT to 3COM(1.1) - RFCOMM connects and
everything looks fine when I send data from the 3COM card:
  > rf_conn 00:04:76:b6:50:f9 1 0
  Connecting srv ch 1 on line 0

  bd (6):
  0xf9 0x50 0xb6 0x76 0x04 0x00
  l2ca_connect_req: wait baseband, sleep on wq 0x807a664
  lp_connect_cfm (pos), wake up wq 0x807a664
  lp_connect_cfm, wake up flag not set
  BT SYS: process_event: ACL link is up
  l2ca_connect_req: wait baseband, woke up !
  BT SYS: ERROR :Use NO timer in usermode stack yet...
  l2ca_connect_req: wait rsp, sleep on wq 0x807a664
  l2cap con rsp, wake up wq 0x807a664

  l2cap options:  (0):
  BT SYS: ERROR :Use NO timer in usermode stack yet...
  BT SYS: another command in same packet...(8 bytes)
  BT SYS: Setting remote mtu (64:64) to 4096 bytes
  l2ca_connect_req: wait rsp, woke up !
  > BT SYS: l2cap channel (64,64) [RFCOMM] connected
  BT SYS: rfcomm_config_cfm: l2cap is now open
  bt_connect_cfm [RCOMM]
  bt_write_top : try sending data on last connected ch
  bt_write_top : try sending data on last connected ch

2) recent openBT to IBM(1.0b) - RFCOMM connects but I
get some warnings when I send data from the IBM card:
  > rf_conn 00:50:cd:14:a8:74 1 0
  Connecting srv ch 1 on line 0

  bd (6):
  0x74 0xa8 0x14 0xcd 0x50 0x00
  l2ca_connect_req: wait baseband, sleep on wq 0x807efd4
  lp_connect_cfm (pos), wake up wq 0x807efd4
  lp_connect_cfm, wake up flag not set
  BT SYS: process_event: ACL link is up
  l2ca_connect_req: wait baseband, woke up !
  BT SYS: ERROR :Use NO timer in usermode stack yet...
  l2ca_connect_req: wait rsp, sleep on wq 0x807efd4
  l2cap con rsp, wake up wq 0x807efd4

  l2cap options:  (0):
  BT SYS: ERROR :Use NO timer in usermode stack yet...
  l2ca_connect_req: wait rsp, woke up !
  > BT SYS: Setting remote mtu (65:65) to 335 bytes
  BT SYS: l2cap channel (65,65) [RFCOMM] connected
  BT SYS: rfcomm_config_cfm: l2cap is now open
  bt_connect_cfm [RCOMM]
  BT SYS: warning :rfcomm_receive_data: , Long packet length doesn't match,
setting length to l2cap len - 5
  bt_write_top : try sending data on last connected ch
  BT SYS: warning :rfcomm_receive_data: , Long packet length doesn't match,
setting length to l2cap len - 5
  bt_write_top : try sending data on last connected ch

3) This may be a similar problem -- when I test 3COM(1.1) to
IBM(1.0b) - RFCOMM connects, but data doesn't go through.
The following web page reports a related problem:
http://www.techtv.com/products/hardware/jump/0,23009,3329724,00.html

Is this a known issue between 1.0b and 1.1?  or perhaps
there's an easier explanation?

Thanks,
Will