Re: [bluetooth-dev] Where to find Bluetooth drivers underLinux OS

Hi ...

Maksim Krasnyanskiy wrote:
> So far I haven't seen any Linux drivers for PCMCIA Bluetooth hardware :(.

There actually is. We are using PCMCIA BT cards from Brainboxes
(http://www.brainboxes.com/) which work pretty well. They use the CSR
chipset and can be used with the OpenBT stack. Details see
http://medien.informatik.uni-ulm.de/~frank/bluetooth/. They even have
compact flash cards.

> Actually I was looking into starting a massive campaign for getting PCMCIA/CF card
> (and other nonUSB/nonUART Bluetooth hardware) supported by Linux. e.g Sending
> emails to manufacturers, getting specs and devices from them.
> Is anybody interested in supporting/helping in that kind of thing ?

This would for sure be interesting.

Regards ... Frank