RE: [bluetooth-dev] Confusing README files

And it is old.

> Hmm.. Next up is this one:
>   http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/openbt/openbt-20010816.tar.gz
> In that README it's copyrighted 2000, 2001 but with a date
> very close to the other archive.

Well, this is the latest release. However, the README files
haven't exactly been updated lately.

> In both README files it says "driver for 2.0 and 2.2 linux"
> or something, but the sourcecode has pleanty of checks for
> Linux 2.4.. Though I havn't been able to insmod anything yet.

Well, regardless of what is stated in the README files, the
stack should work on 2.4 (we have it running here on 2.4.7).

> And while I'm at the kernel part. What is it that is included
> in the kernel tree? I've been unable to figure out if and if
> so which parts of the openbt stack that is included in the
> linux tree.

Nothing of it is included in Linus' official tree (there is
another Bluetooth stack called Bluez in the official tree,
however). To build the OpenBT stack as part of the tree you
need to make a couple of minor modifications to the Makefiles
and Config.in files.

> Can someone tell me why the list archive is not at
> sourceforge (with nice threading display)?

Because this mailing list existed long before the project was
moved to sourceforge.  We have had an internal discussion
whether we should create a new openbt-devel and abandon this
list or not, but so far we have not decided to do so.
Is this something that people out there want?

> Regards Martin Leopold.

//Peter