RE: [bluetooth-dev] What is usermode and kernel-mode?

It is not something you set.

Code executing within the kernel is said to be executing in
kernel mode. Applications (which of course does not execute
within the kernel) are said to be running in user mode.

For example, the OpenBT stack is part of the kernel (unless
you use btduser) and thus it runs in kernel mode. The btd
daemon, on the other hand, is an application and runs in
user mode.

//Peter