Re: [bluetooth-dev] Unwanted authentication with Digianswer 1.09

Le Lundi 24 Septembre 2001 15:53, Ilguiz Latypov a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I am unable to start the Dial-Up Networking profile after upgrading
> Digianswer's Bluetooth Neighborhood client software from 1.08 to 1.09.
> It is definitely the problem of Digianswer, and I only hope that someone
> was able to fix it.
>
> The server side chip is controlled by the recent CVS checkout of OpenBT
> stack running on Linux.  The OpenBT stack receives the PIN_Code_Request
> event from the chip.
>
> The problem occurs when I select the Dialup Networking profile entry in
> the list of Ericsson chip's services.  I am getting the dialog box asking
> to enter the PIN Code.
>
> The Serial Port profile is working fine and does not require
> authentication.
>

> The following are the settings from the Bluetooth Neighborhood Properties:
>
>    Trust
>          Trust Relationship: Automatically accept link
>                              establishment
>
>    Security
> 	Security Mode: No security
>          Encryption Mode: (shaded) Disable
>          Connectability Mode: Connectable mode
>          Discoverability Mode: General Discoverable mode
>
>    Bonding
>          Bluetooth Bonding: Bondable mode
>          Default Bluetooth Bonding Expiration: Bonding is never
>                                                expired
>
> Can I fix the problem by replying to authentication requests on the server
> side?  The only related request I saw so far was the PIN_Code_Request HCI
> event.  Currently, my configuration of OpenBT stack does not provide any
> action upon receiving this event.  Thank you,

I have exactly the same problem and had no choice but implementing a security
manager myself.

I would like to point out that it is specified in the LAN access profile that
authentication and encryption should be enforced by both the terminal and the
gateway... So more and more terminals will require a pin code/link key to
connect to a gateway.