Re: [bluetooth-dev] Unwanted authentication with Digianswer 1.09

Hello,

On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 06:53:03AM -0400, LIBAULT David wrote:
> I have exactly the same problem and had no choice but implementing a security
> manager myself.
>
> I would like to point out that it is specified in the LAN access profile that
> authentication and encryption should be enforced by both the terminal and the
> gateway... So more and more terminals will require a pin code/link key to
> connect to a gateway.

I think a lot of people have the same problem. I wanted to connect to a
phone, and I had to implement a pin-code reply part in the stack too.

For the moment, I simply call a clone of function hci_pin_code_request_reply
with a hard-coded pin code when I recieve a "PIN Code Request" event. But I
haven't find a simple way to ask the code to the user when the stack need it.

You say you implemented a simple security manager. Is it possible with it
that the user enter a PIN-code only when the driver need it ? If yes, how is
it possible to do that ?

Thank you for any advice or any example.

alain.paschoud@xxxxxxx.ch         PSE-A
Phone +41-21-693'84'98
Fax   +41-27-693'84'91