[bluetooth-dev] Question

Hi!

I am planning to install BT stack on my system, however, could I ask
some questions to make sure before I really do it.
First: Is it possible to run The BT stack on one system machine? And
make a several process to test it or I "must" have two systems
connecting by cable in order to run.

And could you suggest which version should I download if I have a linux
mandrake 7.1, or it has to be red hat linux (which version is the best).

Thank you very much for any help!
Have a nice day!
KH