RE: [bluetooth-dev] Error setting serial_struct with TIOCSSERIAL

TIOCGSERIAL and TIOCSSERIAL are use to get and set a struct called
serial_struct in the serial driver. It provides the means to set baud
rates other than the standard ones.

If you build your kernel yourself, you could try and instrument the
code in drivers/char/serial.c (assuming that is the serial driver you
use) around where it returns -EADDRINUSE. Something like:

        /* Make sure address is not already in use */
        if (new_serial.type) {
                for (i = 0 ; i < NR_PORTS; i++)
                        if ((state != &rs_table[i]) &&
                            (rs_table[i].port == new_port) &&
                            rs_table[i].type) {
                                printk("i:                    %u", i);
                                printk("state:                0x%p", state);
                                printk("&rs_table[i]:         0x%p", &rs_table[i]);
                                printk("new_port:             %lu", new_port);
                                printk("rs_table[i].port:     %lu", rs_table[i].port);
                                printk("rs_table[i].type:     %d", rs_table[i].type);
                                printk("new_serial.port:      %u", new_serial.port);
                                printk("new_serial.port_high: %u", new_serial.port_high);
                                return -EADDRINUSE;
                            }

You could also try and see if it makes any difference if you change
the order in fd_setup() so that the call to tcsetattr() is done after
the TIOCSSERIAL ioctl is called.

> Matthias

//Peter