RE: [bluetooth-dev] GAP Testing

No.

The N=256 is a baseband parameter which says how many times an inquiry train
is repeated before a new one is used; it is handled by the baseband
controller. See Part B section 10.7.3 for more information on this.

In a nutshell, it has no bearing on upper stack (i.e. above HCI) inquiry
commands and events, which I presume is what you are doing. In other words,
just do the inquiry once and collect the results.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Robert Cragie, Design Engineer

Direct: +44 (0) 114 281 4512
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT,  UK
www.jennic.com  Tel: +44 (0) 114 281 2655